Monday, February 25, 2008

My Book Journal

Years ago, I had this great book journal where I used to record ALL the books that I've read. And believe me, I read a lot. By this point, you're going to say, "Oh, No! Not another book review blog!", and I am afraid, I won't be able to assuage your fears. Yes, this is another "book review blog".

But, I will also sprinkle in it some movie reviews, some Journalistic thoughts (nothing TOO political, I promise!) and maybe a short story or too! Since, I have barely been published -- oh yeah, I have been rejected a lot (I wonder why? ) -- I guess this will be a forum for me to publish my stories.

Another thing, I used to do, when I kept my multitude of book journals when I was younger, was number my books, like keeping track of how many I had read. Now this wasn't very accurate for sure, but it was something to amuse me. It wasn't accurate, because before I started it when I was 15 or 16, I must have read at least that many books.... And since the time, I stopped my written book journal, I must have read at least DOUBLE that amount of books. So, I decided that the first book that I will review here, I will number as number 1001. Why do this? I don't know! Maybe I am insane! Or maybe that's how I keep my sanity.

So, I hope you enjoy this new blog. I will slowly build up the links in it, and I hope you take advantage of the services I link to. Additionally, I hope you enjoy reading AND you teach your kids to read! Books ARE fun! Books are knowledge! Books are great! Long live books!

Take Care!

No comments: