Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN Contributor has a best seller

Why doesn't that surprise me? Of course he does! His name is Dr. Sanjay Gupta! Oh look, he wrote a novel! And oh look, we constantly advertise it and promote it on our crawl at the bottom of all our stations, there fore it becomes a best-seller:

Monday Mornings

Of course one has to answer the question: If he was not a CNN contributor / reporter, would his book be promoted as much? Probably not. And if it was not promoted as much, would people buy it to make it a best-seller? Probably not!

Dr. Gupta's New Novel

I am not going to make any qualitative statements about this book, and neither am I going to read it or review it, unless CNN and/or Dr. Sanjay Gupta sends me a FREE copy. why the heck should I read it? What makes it such a great read after all? Because some TV personality wrote it? How about  the two novels I've written? How would they become best-sellers? See how that works?

Precisely...No one, at least in the real world, cares.



No comments: