Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Must Read: The Twenty Science Fiction Novels that Will Change Your Life

Would you call these 20, must read? Or, books that would change your life? That's even a higher level of praise than the first question I asked. Well, this website does:

Must Read: The Twenty Science Fiction Novels that Will Change Your Life

As anyone who knows me well, knows that I read a lot of books. Of the books that I read, a high portion of them is in the "Science Fiction" genre. Of the books the author of this article lists, I have read the following:

"Frankenstein"
"The Time Machine"
"I, Robot" (but just the short story -- not the collection)
"A Fire Upon the Deep"

A couple more of these belong to my bookshelf, or on my wish list, meaning they are books that I would like to read at some point. But the question remains: Are these books, or novels, or short story collections life altering as the site claims?

I have read enough fiction to wonder from time to time about the impact of the books I have read. Personally, I am not so sure about these twenty books. I wish I had read all of them by now. One thing is for certain, I have added some more titles to my list of titles awaiting to be read. And that is not a bad thing now is it?

No comments: